Rifle Moose Hunt Details

Moose We offer adult Moose hunting packages for both Rifle and Archery. We also offer accommodation packages for hunters with their own Moose tags in WMU 18A, WMU 18B or WMU 19.

Rifle Hunt in WMU 18A starts on the second Saturday of each October for residents and on the following Monday for non-resident hunters. Book your Rifle Moose Hunt package with us early as we are awarded a limited amount of adult tags each year.

Party of Two with one Adult Rifle Tag

Please refer to our Price List
•50% non-refundable deposit required to confirm booking

Rifle Moose Hunt Package Includes:

•7 nights accommodation with a Saturday 2pm check-in and a 9am Saturday check-out the following week
•Adult tag in WMU 18A
•All roads to WMU 18A, 18B and 19 accessible in close proximity to camp
•Bed linens, pillow and blankets supplied

Moose Hunting Licence is extra and needs to be purchased online (must have an Ontario Outdoors card) or purchase through a licensed MNR office/issuer before arrival at the camp. Look below for details.

Not Included in Moose Hunt:

•You must bring your own food, towels, dish towels, toiletries & soap
•Export Fee-$35
•Firearms Declaration Form ($25 - read below or download)
•Moose Hunting License & Outdoor Card (Buy On-line)
•Sport Fishing Licence (Buy On-line)
•Conservation Fishing Licence (Buy On-line)

What is an Outdoor Card:
An outdoor card offers conservation officers a quick way of authenticating your identification and Black Bear hunting license. This card is good for 3 years and must be presented to purchase your fishing or hunting license every year.

What To Bring:

•Bring a valid hunting license and outdoors card. This is required to issue you a non-resident hunting license.
•Warm Clothes (Never know what the temperature will be)
•Hunter Orange hat and vest (camo orange is not acceptable in Ontario)
•Previous hunting license CN or US
•Gun (A rifle should be a .270 or bigger - 300 WIN MAG Recommended)
•Soft or hard gun case & trigger lock (legal requirement)
•Bug jacket and repellent
•Rain Gear
•Extra Footware/Gloves
•Flash lights (Batteries) (Waterproof flashlight is best)
•Coolers & Cheesecloth Bags for meat
•Hunting knife/sharpener
•Saw for field dressing
•Fishing rod and tackle
•Food & Drink

Please click here to download .pdf reader

Ontario Hunting Regulations:
Visit the MNR website at www.mnr.gov.on.ca for hunting regulations.

Should you have any general questions pertaining to the hunting regulations summary please contact the Natural Resource Information Centre at 1-800-667-1940 or by emailing mnr.nric.mnr@ontario.ca

Canadian Firearms Declaration Form:
You will be required to fill out a temporary gun permit to bring firearms into Canada (Firearm Declaration Form). The fee is $25 payable at the border crossing.

Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Forms are available by emailing cfp-pcaf@rcmp-grc.gc.ca, or by calling 1-800-731-4000 (Canada and U.S.) or 1-506-624-5380 (other countries) and from all Customs offices across Canada. Visit the RCMP web site for more information

You can also download the form as Adobe .pdf

Please Note: Do not sign your declaration form until the customs agent asks you to.

Fishing & Hunting Licence & Outdoor Card:
Non-residents can buy a hunting license, fishing license and outdoor card on-line here on-line here (off site)

Back to Main Moose Hunting Introduction